On October 18, 2013, a highway mowing crew working near the westbound entrance ramp for Casey, Clark County, Illinois on I-70 came across the decomposing remains of a deceased female.
The area where the entrance ramp sits is located at Illinois Route 49.
The autopsy performed on the remains determined the deceased had died up to eight weeks prior. The cause of death was deemed to be a homicide. However, investigators haven’t revealed the exact cause.
It’s currently theorized she was killed elsewhere and her body dumped at the I-70 entrance ramp.
Jane Doe’s race is currently debated. While the majority of sources say she was White, NamUs states it’s possible she was either Hispanic or biracial. She was between 20 and 40 years old, stood at 5’3″, weighed 140 pounds and had dark brown or black shoulder-length hair. Due to the state of the remains, her eye colour couldn’t be determined.
When found, the deceased was wearing a mid-thigh-length black lace dress that sat off the right shoulder and had a full left sleeve; a pink and black underwire bra; thong underwear; and high-heel sandals.
Due to the amount of traffic I-70 sees on a daily basis, it’s possible Jane Doe could have come from anywhere in the United States.
1) Alice Anne Digna, who went missing from Romulus, Michigan on August 27, 2008.
2) Amanda A. King, who went missing from Glenville, New York on October 12, 2013.
3) Amanda Lyn Ward-Romine, who went missing from Springfield, Ohio on July 7, 2013.
4) Angela Kay Marshky, who went missing from Urbana, Illinois on June 1, 2012.
5) Ashley Elaine Morris-Mullis, who went missing from Royerton, Indiana on September 19, 2013.
6) Barbara Ann Hilton, who went missing from Montrose, Illinois on August 4, 1972.
7) Barbara G. Glueckert, who went missing from Huntley, Illinois on August 21, 1976.
8) Beata Cadre, who went missing from Schaumburg, Illinois on October 12, 2013. She was found safe that December.
9) Bobbi Ann Campbell, who went missing from Salt Lake County, Utah on January 1, 1995.
10) Brittiany Sarah Moore, who went missing from Holbrook, Arizonan September 8, 2013.
11) Brookelyn Shae Farthing, who went missing from Berea, Kentucky on June 22, 2013.
12) Catherine A. Runte, who went missing from Palatine, Illinois on May 22, 1979.
13) Crystal Dupuis Grebinger, who went missing from Lafayette, Louisiana on February 8, 2013.
14) Deana Marie Schwark, who went missing from Round Lake Beach, Illinois on June 1, 2013.
15) Deborah A. McCall, who went missing from Downers Grove, Illinois on November 5, 1979.
16) Delores Raye Jones Griffin, who went missing from Romeoville, Illinois on October 24, 1975. Her remains were found in a lagoon in Sterling State Park in Monroe County, Illinois shortly after she disappeared, but were not identified until 2019. Her husband, who took his own life six months after Griffin went missing, is considered the prime suspect in her murder.
17) Diana K. Laughlin, who went missing from Chicago, Illinois on January 1, 1975.
18) Holly Renee Logan, who went missing from Columbus, Ohio on July 21, 2013.
19) Jamie E. Harper, who went missing from Rantoul, Illinois on March 10, 2007.
20) Janet Jolene Stephens-Brown, who went missing from Ashland, Kentucky on October 14, 2009.
21) Jessica Edith Louise Foster, who went missing from North Las Vegas, Nevada on March 28, 2006.
22) Kacie Aleece Peterson, who went missing from Manhattan, New York on September 21, 2013.
23) Lauren E. Spierer, who went missing from Bloomington, Indiana on June 2, 2011.
24) Lisa Lee Chandler, who went missing from Wolfe City, Texas on September 23, 2007.
25) Mary Ann Ruth Switalski, who went missing from Chicago, Illinois on July 15, 1963.
26) Megan Nicole Schultz, who went missing from Columbia, Missouri on August 4, 2006. Her husband approached police in August 2019 and admitted to her murder. That September, her remains were found in a landfill.
27) Melissa J. Blevins, who went missing from Portsmouth, Ohio on February 21, 2010.
28) Melissa Ortiz-Rodriguez, who went missing from Collingdale, Pennsylvania on April 19, 2013.
29) Melvia Kaye Roarx, who went missing from Horse Branch, Kentucky on June 4, 2013.
30) Nancy Marie O’Sullivan, who went missing from South Holland, Illinois on March 7, 1974.
31) Paige Valise Johnson, who went missing from Covington, Kentucky on September 23, 2010. Her remains were found in East Fork State Park in Clermont County, Ohio in March 2020, and her death is currently under investigation.
32) Peggy Dianovsky, who went missing from Schaumburg, Illinois on September 12, 1982.
33) Rabihan Hasanova Seiders, who went missing from Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania on March 28, 2012.
34) Rosemary Rivas Day, who went missing from Jacksonville, Florida on May 21, 2011.
35) Sara Anne Wood, who went missing from Litchfield, New York on August 18, 1993.
36) Sarah May Kilgore, who went missing from Indianapolis, Indiana on October 9, 2011.
37) Shannon Michelle Hokanson, who went missing from Enid, Oklahoma on May 27, 2012.
38) Stacy Ann Peterson, who went missing from Bolingbrook, Illinois on October 28, 2007.
39) Stephanie Louise Banks, who went missing from Winchester, Kentucky on February 13, 2004.
40) Sylvia June Galvin, who went missing from Mount Morris, Michigan on October 1, 2011.
41) Terri Bea Earhart, who went missing from Champagne, Illinois on May 10, 1981.
42) Thylea Chisholm, who went missing from Chesterfield County, Virginia on June 18, 1995.
43) Tiffany Michelle Whitton, who went missing from Marietta, Georgia on September 13, 2013.
CASE CONTACT INFORMATION:
Jane Doe’s dentals, fingerprints and DNA are available for comparison.
Those with information about the case are asked to contact District 12 of the Illinois State Police at either 217-347-2711 or 217-342-7853. Tips can also be called into the Clark County Coroner’s Office at 217-826-2349.
Image Credit: The Doe Network