At 1:37pm on April 4, 2020, the partially skeletonized remains of an unidentified female were found by a hunter along a dirt road in Willamette National Forest. The Linn County Sheriff’s Office was called, prompting deputies and volunteers with Linn County Search and Rescue to scour the area for clues.
The scene is 13 miles east of Sweet Home, Oregon, and is relatively well-travelled. It is approximately five miles up Gordon Road, off of US Forest Service Road 417.
An autopsy was performed and it was determined the deceased died between eight weeks and one year prior to her body being discovered, placing her time of death between April 2019 and February 2020.
A cause of death could not be determined.
The deceased is described as a fair skinned, White female between the ages of 30 to 50. She weighed approximately 110 to 140 pounds, and while the medical examiner estimates she stood anywhere from 5’3″ to 5’10”, the level of decomposition makes it difficult to determine her actually height. She had short, wavy dark blonde-to-light-brown hair, and DNA phenotyping indicates her eyes were either green or hazel.
When found, Jane Doe was wearing a purple Apana athletic full-zip jacket, size XS; a green BKE Core camisole with spaghetti straps, size S Extra Long; blue Wrangler jeans with crystal embellishments along the pockets, size 5/6 x 32; a grey, front-zip Victoria’s Secret VSX sports bra, size 32C; and black Steve Madden boots, size 9.5. Found near the body were striped dress/boot socks and a black bandana made from heavy black fabric.
The Linn County Sheriff’s Office is currently working with the Oregon State Medical Examiner’s Office and Parabon NanoLabs to identify the deceased.
1) Anesha Katherine Murnane, who went missing from Homer, Alaska on October 17, 2019.
2) Brianna Alexandria Maitland, who went missing from Montgomery, Vermont on March 19, 2004.
3) Christine Shields Wagner, who went missing from Olympia, Washington on October 10,2016.
4) Cynthia Crystal Martinez, who went missing from Keizer, Oregon on July 16, 2017.
5) Danielle Renee Bisnell, who went missing from Redding, California on December 9, 2019.
6) DeVona Burley Rothrock, who went missing from Monrovia, Indiana on November 21, 2014.
7) Erica L. Thompson, who went missing from Brookfield, Illinois on September 25, 2019.
8) Glenda Marie Cormie, who went missing from Paisley, Oregon on April 15, 2019.
9) Heather Jeannette McAlister, who went missing from Goldendale, Washington on July 3, 2019.
10) Jacqueline Rose Pagel, who went missing from Spokane, Washington on March 20, 2019.
11) Joan Catherine Peterson, who went missing from Albany, New York on January 21, 2017.
12) Kami Luella Vollendroff, who went missing from Depoe Bay, Oregon on November 21, 2001.
13) Kimberly Ann Mericle, who went missing from Williams, Oregon on March 2, 2017.
14) Linda Diane Peterson, who went missing from Baker City, Oregon on March 17, 2019.
15) Lisa Nicole Cronin, who went missing from Sunny Valley, Oregon on December 19, 2019.
16) Madeline Teresa Ponds, who went missing from Columbus, Mississippi on November 20, 1986.
17) Mayra Fernandez Galan, who went missing on July 1, 2019. Her NamUs profile has been removed, with no information regarding whether she has been located.
18) Myrna Rae LeBeau, who went missing from Mossyrock, Washington on May 26, 2016.
19) Norma Jane Cavilee, who went missing from Salem, Oregon on September 3, 2015.
20) Stephanie Anne Warner, who went missing from Ashland, Oregon on July 4, 2014.
21) Tiffany Marie Lazon, who went missing from Albany, Oregon on December 25, 2019.
CASE CONTACT INFORMATION:
Jane Doe’s dental records are available for comparison.
Those with information regarding the identity of Jane Doe are asked to contact the Linn County Sheriff’s Office at 541-967-3950. Tips can also be called into FBI ViCAP at 1-800-634-4097.
Image Credit: Parabon NanoLabs/Unidentified Wiki