On July 4, 1984, the partial skeletal remains of an unidentified female were located along the northbound lanes of I-65, about 2.5 miles south of Bowling Green, Warren County, Kentucky. The remains were approximately 30′ to 40′ from the roadway, near the right-of-way fence.
Jane Doe’s remains were examined upon being brought to the local medical examiner’s office. It was determined she’d died several months to two years prior to be found, which would put her death between November 1982 and July 1983.
Her cause of death is unknown.
The deceased is described as a white female between the ages of 12 and 20. However, most believe the age range is more narrow and put her between 12 and 16 years old. She stood between 4’8″ and 5’0″, and weighed approximately 90 to 115 pounds. She had brown hair. Give the level of decomposition, her eye colour couldn’t be determined.
When found, Jane Doe was wearing a long-sleeve pullover blouse that was orange, gold, brown and dark green in colour. She also had on a pair of red corduroy Levi pants and one sock with white, red and blue fibres.
Her dental records show she had dental work completed within four to five years prior to her death. She had several fillings, and there were signs of hypoplasia on her bottom two middle teeth.
There was a healed injury to the back of her skull, and she possibly had a scar on her right elbow.
1) Ann Gotlib, who went missing from Louisville, Kentucky on June 1, 1983.
2) Barbara Jean Monaco, who went missing from Virginia Beach, Virginia on August 23, 1978.
3) Caren Doris Wurst, who went missing from Plantation, Florida on November 7, 1974.
4) Carla Rebecca Corley, who went missing from Birmingham, Alabama on August 12, 1980.
5) Charlotte June Kinsey, who went missing from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on September 26, 1981.
6) Christina Lynn Carter, who went missing from Hueytown, Alabama on September 17, 1973.
7) Cinda Leann Pallett, who went missing from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on September 26, 1981.
8) Dean Marie Peters, who went missing from Grand Rapids, Michigan on February 5, 1981.
9) Deborah A. McCall, who went missing from Downers Grove, Illinois on November 5, 1979.
10) Elizabeth Ann Maggard, who went missing from Silver Grove, Kentucky on July 4, 1984.
11) Gina Renee Hall, who went missing from Radford, Virginia on June 28, 1980.
12) Jackie Kay Boyer, who went missing from Windsor, California on May 21, 1980.
13) Julie Ann Moseley, who went missing from Fort Worth, Texas on December 23, 1974.
14) Kimberly Rae Doss, who went missing from Jacksonville, Florida on May 29, 1979.
15) Launa Renee Merritt, who went missing from Syracuse, New York on February 23, 1983.
16) Lisa Renee Wilson, who went missing from Fort Worth, Texas on December 23, 1974.
17) Mary Jo Burnette, who went missing from Rockford, Alabama on June 1, 1984.
18) Melinda Karen Creech, who went missing from Anderson, Indiana on September 5, 1979.
19) Mindi Chambers, who went missing from Tempe, Arizona on October 19, 1982.
20) Raylene Susan Helsley, who went missing from Ruston, Louisiana on January 5, 1983.
21) Shannon Lee Potter, who went missing from Baltimore, Maryland on March 3, 1984.
22) Sherry Lynn Marler, who went missing from Greenville, Alabama on June 6, 1984.
23) Teresa J. McDonald, who went missing from Tunnel Hill, Georgia on December 15, 1980.
24) Tracy Ann Byrd, who went missing from Bensalem Township, Pennsylvania on March 7, 1983.
CASE CONTACT INFORMATION:
Jane Doe’s DNA and dentals are available for comparison.
Those with information regarding the identity of Jane Doe are asked to contact the Kentucky State Police – Post 3 at 1-270-782-2010 or 1-800-222-5555. Tips can also be called into the Kentucky State Medical Examiner’s Office at 502-489-5209.
Image Credit: NCMEC