On February 10, 2010, a man looking for cans along Lenwood Road in Barstow, California discovered the severed head of a deceased female. The area, which is in close proximity to several truck stops, borders on a remote desert area and is 1/10th of a mile north of Interstate 15.
The area in which the body was located is known to be heavily travelled and is a main thoroughfare between Los Angeles, California and Las Vegas, Nevada.
An autopsy was conducted on the remains on February 17, 2010, where it was learnt Jane Doe’s death had occurred approximately three to four days prior to her being discovered. Her head had been severed from her body and it was noted that she had suffered traumatic injuries.
Currently, Jane Doe’s cause of death is undetermined. However, police are working on the theory it was the result of a homicide.
Jane Doe is described as being biracial, and is believed to have been between 14 and 19 years old. Given authorities haven’t been able to locate the remainder of her body, her height and weight are currently unknown.
She had brown eyes, with straight brown hair that was of medium length. Her ears were pierced, and she had no identifiable scars or tattoos. When discovered, Jane Doe’s head was found inside a black backpack and was wrapped in plastic bags from Walgreens and Fiesta Foods.
A look through her dental records show her teeth to have received high-quality dental care, as she had numerous fillings.
1) Sarita Camacho, who went missing from San Diego, California on October 15, 2008.
2) Kelsey Collins, who went missing from Everett, Washington on May 9, 2009.
3) Brittanee Drexel, who went missing from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on April 25, 2009.
4) Jessica Foster, who went missing from Las Vegas, Nevada in April 2006.
5) Angela Jaramillo, who went missing from Dallas, Texas on January 23, 2010.
6) Donna Jou, who went missing from Rancho Santa Margarita, California on June 24, 2007.
7) Diana Mazariegos, who went missing from Fontana, California on June 23, 2006.
8) Leah Peebles, who went missing from Albuquerque, New Mexico on May 22, 2006.
9) Katherine Truitt, who went missing from Alameda, California on January 6, 2010.
10) Christina Whittaker, who went missing from Hannibal, Missouri on November 13, 2009.
11) Yareli Barajas, who went missing from Phoenix, Arizona on August 11, 2009.
12) Stephanie Morales, who went missing from Ceiba, Puerto Rico on November 26, 2008.
CASE CONTACT INFORMATION:
Jane Doe’s dental records are available and her DNA has been processed.
Those with information regarding the identity of Jane Doe are being asked to call the Coroner’s Division of the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department at 909-387-2978 or the Barstow Police Department at 760-255-5170.
Image Credit: NCMEC